About Our Website
The vision of the Knox United Church website is to open the door to people with diverse backgrounds and needs to find out about the life and work of the church.
- The website will reflect the life and work of Knox United Church.
- The website will not accept advertisements.
- The website will not post announcements on behalf of an individual, a congregation, a pastoral charge, a corporation, a political party, an organization or cause unless that announcement reflects the life and work of Knox United Church.
- Useful links to other resources are permitted.
- The website will be governed by the Protection of Personal Information Policy of the United Church of Canada’s BC Conference.
- Published photographs at worship, special events and activities shall have the permission (implied or expressed) of the person(s) depicted.
- Photographs showing children will be posted only with the expressed permission of the child and their parent or guardian. When permission is granted to take photos the names of children will not be included. The child photo release form is available at the office.
- Any person appearing in a photograph may request that the photograph be removed.
- A request to have any personal identifying information removed (e.g.: name) will be honored.
Editor of Website
The Minister will act as editor of the website with the power to delegate responsibilities to the webminder(s). Any decision of the editor can be appealed to the Board. The Board will decide if the matter reflects the life and work of Knox United Church.
The Secretary will act as the webminder regarding the content of the website. Ideally there will be one or two backup webminders appointed by the Board to ensure continuity. The webminder shall keep the editor informed of developments on the website and shall implement any requests made by the editor.
The webminder will keep a list of accounts, login names, usernames, passwords. The list shall be given to the editor and kept in a secure location.